Earth Day is Every Day
We like to think of every day as Earth Day at Clif Family. From the daily work we do at the Clif Family Farm to our office green-up initiatives, we are always asking ourselves what we can do individually and as a team to be better stewards of our planet.
In honor of Earth Day, we decided to create a list of where we are making progress and where we have an opportunity to do more. This is a good reminder to stay on course with what we are doing well and identify where we need to make improvements.
We want to do more of this!
• Farming our Clif Family Farm and Estate Vineyards organically.
• Transitioning our food products to organic certification.
• Encouraging and supporting our grower partners to farm organically.
• Sourcing ingredients from our own organic farm and local partners for our Food Truck.
• Formation of an “Office Green-Up” team to identify ways to be more sustainable in our work environment.
• Volunteering in our local community, including a Napa River clean-up day coming up this spring.
• Participating in MCE’s Deep Green 100% renewable energy program for all our business operations.
• Replacing inefficient incandescent light bulbs with efficient LEDs.
How can we do more?
• Reducing paper waste in our office.
• Encouraging employees to ride their bikes, walk or carpool to work.
• Sharing our farm and produce with our local community.
• Sourcing more sustainable packaging across all our products.
• Identify a better composting program for food and packaging waste.
Join us in celebrating Every Day as Earth Day and raising a special toast to Mother Earth on April 22nd as we remind ourselves to take inventory of what we have accomplished and where we can do better. Working together, we can all contribute and hold ourselves accountable to treating our planet with the respect and care it deserves.